Search

Friday, April 19, 2013

Just a few thoughts on mental health

First I would like to say, I been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and acute schizophrenia.  That being said it's been a journey for me.  When I first started to get treatment for both disorders, or I should say when I started to get proper treatment for them both.  I was a mess mentally and physically, at that time things really started to change for the better; at the time I didn't even know what either disorder meant.  But it took a long time to actually before I started to get help in a more of a real sense about three years ago.  During that time I had to go into rehab for my addiction to prescription xanax, that I was actually prescribed by my doctor at the time.  Well after I got off a lot of the medication I was prescribed at the time.  But I still think pot is a medication, so that being said it's not for everyone; but I don't recommend it to everyone.  But one thing I known from experience is a lot of symptoms go along with both of them and as well as any other mental illness.  but starting with ptsd some symptoms include jumpiness, anger management issues, depression for starters.  While still some of the causes for both aren't still isn't totally defined yet.  But if you are going through troubled times, don't be ashamed to get treatment for any mental illnesses because they are health problems just like physical health problems so don't let them steal your joy seek help before it becomes to much to handle on your own. 

No comments: