Search

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New beginning and gnu

Well like the title suggest new beginning might be in my future as well gnu software but the earlier may require a move, the destination Augusta Georgia....  there are a few reasons for a move, both personal and quite possible professional aspects that comes with any big change like this.  From the looks of Augusta there are tons of opportunity, that I'm looking at; but doesn't make it any less scary.  But with any big change in my life (within the last few years anyway) I'm going prepared definitely not going blindly this time.  One thing that's peeked my interest is higher education.  One is a technical school that teaches computer programming as well as other things.  Also Linux user groups as well as a hacker group, so definitely knowledge being passed around.  Plus as well as a lot of financial opportunities there.  Not many people know that I'm on disability and I'm getting to the point to where I can work again and there's nothing here for me, not even a reliable form of transportation here.  An as far as work I can't even get a job working at burger king especially when there are 50 other people wanting the same job for cheaper.  An the lack of skills I didn't receive at Tennessee technical school is frustrating, an the associates degree I got is now the finest outhouse wallpaper money could buy.  I needed a+ certification and didn't get because of bucking the system there.  An I was made choose between taking care of my dying mother or show up on time all the time.  Well I was taught family comes first and the rest will fall into place.  So could this be the answer, I don't know, but I got nothing to lose by this endeavor.  but there are some sticking points that have me bothered, but will be going into this new situation well armed and hopefully with a better out look on things both big and small.  Now onto gnu software,  I got an idea of making a collection of more pro audio software all under the gpl, as to respect peoples freedom as a user as well as the developers.  But will be taking a small donation, for my so to be better programming skills.  Also may need to help place of operating costs as well as continuing education.  That's where the Linux user and hacker groups will come into play.  Because I believe free and open source truly is the way to go, because I want the freedoms I've received can be passed along to the next user/developer.  But free as in speech as well as free as in beer.  Well that's all for now, later on and in the immortal words of Spock "live long and prosper"

No comments: